versatile data broadcasting system
The award-winning SkyScraper® datacasting system provides point-to-multipoint digital media content distribution, with targeted point-to-point delivery. SkyScraper supports all digital broadcast media, including satellite, cable, terrestrial DTV, and IP multicast.
New distribution and revenue opportunities
SkyScraper creates new content distribution and revenue opportunities:
- Corporations distribute digital content to branch offices, stores, customers, and partners to support training, advertising, and information management.
- TV Networks and Station Groups use satellite links to distribute ads and programs to affiliate and member stations, reducing costs and ensuring quality.
- Public TV Stations use available DTV bandwidth to support their charter and deliver multimedia content for education, homeland security, and other services.
SkyScraper is a highly scalable and extensible system. Open interfaces and modular architecture provide an end-to-end environment for content distribution applications that can be adapted to any DTV network.
SkyScraper has three main components to meet the requirements of various value chains and business models:
- DataFab simplifies content flow management by enabling content publishers to organize content, set up broadcast schedules, and target content to receivers.
- DataHub simplifies bandwidth control by enabling managers of broadcast pipe to allocate bandwidth among multiple content publishers, insert content into broadcast streams, and monitor and report bandwidth usage.
- DataReceiver extracts content from broadcasts and enables content recipients to extract content from broadcast streams and make it available to end users.
SkyScraper Data Broadcasting...
- Delivers any type of digital content, including files, streaming media, and arbitrary IP packets
- Assures reliable delivery with forward error correction and receiver acknowledgements
- Controls content delivery via optional receiver targeting
- Provides security and privacy through optional encryption
- Supports automated content delivery with "Express folders"
- Facilitates content delivery in multi-transmitter networks via multi-transport stream scheduling
- Facilitates future growth with extensible, scalable architecture
- Supports ATSC and DVB data broadcast standards
- Has built-in encapsulation of files into IP packets, and IP packets into MPEG-2 packets
- Facilitates custom extensions by being standards-based
- Provides XML/IP-based remote scheduling interface for external applications
- Interoperates with all major encoders, multiplexers, and IP encapsulators
- Enables managers of broadcast pipes to manage and monitor broadcast bandwidth and support multiple content providers
- Enables managers of content to control content scheduling within
bandwidth allocations and reuse content from diverse sources
What Customers Say About SkyScraper
"The team at Triveni Digital has done a fantastic job ensuring their product was integrated with our asset management database. SkyScraper has proven to be a solid product. It provides us with the tools and flexible architecture that we need for our ever-expanding project."
- Alan Popkin, Director of Engineering at KLCS
"The Triveni Digital SkyScraper ESN solution, the basis of our RESN, leverages existing infrastructures at our facilities and at KPBS to deliver valuable training and emergency information to regional agencies, because it’s a cost-effective, easy-to-access system, we feel RESN is a very good fit for this region.”
- Officer Sandi Lehan, Special Projects Manager with the San Diego Police Department