high-bandwidth transport stream monitor
The StreamScope RM-50 High Bandwidth Edition (HBE) model provides complete QoS assurance and regulatory compliance for up to two gigabits of GigE input.
Extra monitoring bandwidth
The RM-50 HBE has all the standard StreamScope TS monitoring features, with increased capacity. With two GigE input ports, this monitoring tool can meet the needs of CATV and other DTV networks. For more data storage, the RM-50 HBE has two hard drives.
The StreamScope RM-50 HBE provides real-time video quality assurance with higher capacity. (Click to enlarge.)
With closed caption and CALM
To maintain FCC 14-12 compliance, the RM-50 reports missing, inaccurate, and unsynchronized closed captions. For CALM Act compliance, the RM-50 performs spot checks, displays LKFS graphs, and generates commercial loudness reports.
StreamScope RM-50 HBE key features
- Supports an ASI, RF, SMPTE, and two GigE inputs
- Includes two hard disk drives for extra storage
- Monitors ATSC, A/78, MPEG, SCTE-142, and DVB compliance
- Automatically records and compares live transport streams
- Live video and audio thumbnails and buffer analysis
- Easy-to-use web-based interface with color-coded, drill-down dashboards
- At-a-glance time line reports showing all the QoS trends for a service on one color-coded page.
- Configurable rules, rule sets, and rule clusters for customized alerts
- Continuous closed captioning monitoring of EIA-608, EIA-708-E, SCTE 20, and SCTE 21 caption types encoded in MPEG-2 and AVC (H.264)
- Detailed closed caption reports with time-stamped video thumbnails and FCC rule violations.
- Detailed current and historical reports
- Sends error alerts via email, SMS, and SNMP v3 traps
- Provides round-robin monitoring pools for RF and GigE ports
- Optional Remote Troubleshooting module (RTm) saves up to six months of
historical data for postmortem analyses
- Optional Live Service monitor (LSm) application with real-time video and audio QoS data displays for comparing services.
- Remote administration of user accounts, software uploads and log files
- Mobile access via iPhone®, Android®, and similar devices
- Connects to StreamScope EM-50s for enterprise-wide QoS monitoring
State-of-the-art closed caption monitoring
- Analyze caption quality with correlated time lines.
- Verify caption accuracy with video thumbnails.
- Troubleshoot caption issues with detailed reports.
- Customize analysis rules for your needs.
- View Nexidia® Illuminate compliance reports (optional).
"A great way to troubleshoot closed caption issues." — TV Technology
Sample screenshots (click to enlarge).