10GigE transport stream monitor
The StreamScope RM-50 10GigE model is a end-to-end video and audio QoS solution for large, complex CATV networks with 10GigE infrastructures.
Maximum monitoring bandwidth
In addition to the standard RM-50 features, this model handles up to six gigabits of throughput, enabling cable operators to minimize MTBF and reduce OPEX by decreasing rack space and power.
The StreamScope RM-50 10GigE provides real-time video quality assurance for large DTV networks. (Click to enlarge.)
With closed caption and CALM
To maintain FCC 14-12 compliance, RM-50s report missing, inaccurate, and unsynchronized closed captions. For CALM Act compliance, RM-50s perform spot checks, display LKFS graphs, and generate commercial loudness reports.
StreamScope RM-50 10GigE key features
- Supports an ASI, RF, SMPTE, 1 Gig, and 10 GigE inputs
- Monitors ATSC, A/78, MPEG, SCTE-142, and DVB compliance
- Automatically records and compares live transport streams
- Live video and audio thumbnails and buffer analysis
- Easy-to-use web-based interface with color-coded, drill-down dashboards
- At-a-glance time line reports showing all the QoS trends for a service on one color-coded page.
- Configurable rules, rule sets, and rule clusters for customized alerts
- Continuous closed captioning monitoring of EIA-608, EIA-708-E, SCTE 20, and SCTE 21 caption types encoded in MPEG-2 and AVC (H.264)
- Detailed closed caption reports with time-stamped video thumbnails and FCC rule violations.
- Detailed current and historical reports
- Sends error alerts via email, SMS, and SNMP v3 traps
- Provides round-robin monitoring pools for RF and GigE ports
- Optional Remote Troubleshooting module (RTm) saves up to six months of
historical data for postmortem analyses
- Optional Live Service monitor (LSm) application with real-time video and audio QoS data displays for comparing services.
- Remote administration of user accounts, software uploads and log files
- Mobile access via iPhone®, Android®, and similar devices
- Connects to StreamScope EM-50s for enterprise-wide QoS monitoring
State-of-the-art closed caption monitoring
- Analyze caption quality with correlated time lines.
- Verify caption accuracy with video thumbnails.
- Troubleshoot caption issues with detailed reports.
- Customize analysis rules for your needs.
- View Nexidia® Illuminate compliance reports (optional).
"A great way to troubleshoot closed caption issues." — TV Technology
Sample screenshots (click to enlarge).